I/O in boost release

alzi
Hi everybody,

I found an old thread in the mailing list archive where you where discussing to move the I/O stuff from extensions to the regulare release versions.

The thread I am talking about is this one:

http://boost-geometry.203548.n3.nabble.com/Upcoming-changes-in-I-O-formats-structure-td3568889.html

Now my questions is what the current state about this topic is?

I am using the SVG output for quite some time now and it seems to be stable, but I allways have to use the trunk version, that sometimes leads to problems because - well, it's the trunk ;)

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Albert

Re: I/O in boost release

Barend
Hi Albert,

On 8-4-2013 20:36, alzi wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I found an old thread in the mailing list archive where you where discussing
> to move the I/O stuff from extensions to the regulare release versions.
>
> The thread I am talking about is this one:
>
> http://boost-geometry.203548.n3.nabble.com/Upcoming-changes-in-I-O-formats-structure-td3568889.html
>

> Now my questions is what the current state about this topic is?

It is already moved long ago (from domains to io).

> I am using the SVG output for quite some time now and it seems to be stable,
> but I allways have to use the trunk version, that sometimes leads to
> problems because - well, it's the trunk ;)

SVG is indeed still in "extensions/io", good point. So you mean you have
problems in other components (SVG does not change a lot) because of the
trunk. Yes, that might be an issue.

The SVG part is indeed useful, stable and can move to the
non-extensions, so officially released. What required is doc-updates and
samples.

Thanks for the hint.

Re: I/O in boost release (svg released)

This is a reaction on this mail from a month ago:

On 8-4-2013 20:36, alzi wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I found an old thread in the mailing list archive where you where discussing
> to move the I/O stuff from extensions to the regulare release versions.
>
> The thread I am talking about is this one:
>
> http://boost-geometry.203548.n3.nabble.com/Upcoming-changes-in-I-O-formats-structure-td3568889.html
>

> Now my questions is what the current state about this topic is?
>
> I am using the SVG output for quite some time now and it seems to be stable,
> but I allways have to use the trunk version, that sometimes leads to
> problems because - well, it's the trunk ;)

SVG is now moved from extensions, so will be released within Boost 1.54