Intersects algorithm with MultiPoint and Polygon

Intersects algorithm with MultiPoint and Polygon

jakka30
Hello all,

I am trying to call boost::geometry::intersects algorithm using multipoint geometry and polygon geometry. Compiler saying that it is not implemented. Is this combination implemented in boost::geometry? When I first started using boost::geometry, there was a nice table that explains for each algorithm the combinations that it implemented. I could not find that table online anymore. Could someone provide me that most recent table?

If Intersect is not implemented between multipoint and polygon geometries, is it hard to implement it or it is invalid combination?

Thank you for your help,
Suresh

Re: Intersects algorithm with MultiPoint and Polygon

Barend
Hi Suresh,

Op 20-4-2016 om 17:09 schreef jakka30:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to call boost::geometry::intersects algorithm using multipoint
> geometry and polygon geometry. Compiler saying that it is not implemented.
Indeed

> Is this combination implemented in boost::geometry? When I first started
> using boost::geometry, there was a nice table that explains for each
> algorithm the combinations that it implemented. I could not find that table
> online anymore. Could someone provide me that most recent table?

Those tables exists indeed but not for all algorithms, sorry. As far as
I can remember for this it does not exist.

> If Intersect is not implemented between multipoint and polygon geometries,
> is it hard to implement it or it is invalid combination?
No, it could be there but the priority was on other algorithms. We still
want to support it.