[boost][gsoc17]Getting started with Project 2 in Boost.Geometry : R-tree serialization and Project 1:static map

[boost][gsoc17]Getting started with Project 2 in Boost.Geometry : R-tree serialization and Project 1:static map

Boost Geometry mailing list
Hi Everyone:

My name is Ruoyun Jing, I am an undergraduate student in Northwest University(China) of Software Engineering.Although i am a girl,i really love coding and algorithms!!! I've coded many algorithms problems with C++ and Python,and got Bronze Metal in ACMICPC Asia Shenyang Regional contest. GSoC is really a precious chance for me to get in touch with open source software.

After reading all the organizatuions and their projects, I'm pretty interested in R-tree serialization and static map. Despite my lack of project experience,i will try my best to learn ,code and communicate with mentor!!!

Looking forward from you.:)

Thank

--
Northwest University of China
Software Engineering

Re: [boost][gsoc17]Getting started with Project 2 in Boost.Geometry : R-tree serialization and Project 1:static map

Boost Geometry mailing list
Hi Ruoyun Jing,

I meant to say earlier, your enthusiasm is fantastic, especially given the huge gender imbalance our industry has. I have no part in official GSoC or Boost.Geometry decisions, but I hope your enthusiasm is recognized and appreciated. Even if you are not selected for a GSoC project, I encourage you to work on something that interests you. I do know that the Boost.Geometry maintainers are nice guys, so I think you chose a good place to start.  :)

Cheers.

Jeremy

On 4 March 2017 at 07:19, Ruoyun Jing via Geometry <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Jeremy,

I'm really encouraged by your genuine words, thanks a lot with my pleasure! Even if I'm not selected for GSoC2017, I'd like to contribute for boost(If i have enough ability to contribute from my pool knowledge... :)) by myself. From preparation of GSoC these days, I really like to work for open source communication, all of you are nice and positive to answer my questions, even they are simple. I'll try my best to do these!

It's really kind of you.

Thanks.