Quantcast

'combine' : is not a member of 'boost::geometry'

'combine' : is not a member of 'boost::geometry'

Vishnu
I'm getting a compiler error in MS VS2008.

error C2039: 'combine' : is not a member of 'boost::geometry'
error C3861: 'combine': identifier not found

The error results from the line of code below to expand a bounding box:

boost::geometry::combine(box, (*it).getBoundingBox());

This line compiled with the tagged version 0.8. It looks like something has changed in version 0.9.0.

Has this function been removed? Or moved somewhere else?

On a related note, the documentation pointed to by this link:

http://geometrylibrary.geodan.nl/

is more than a year old. Where is the latest online documentation?

Re: 'combine' : is not a member of 'boost::geometry'

Vishnu
This is resolved. After building the online documentation I found that replacing this line:

  boost::geometry::combine(box, (*it).getBoundingBox());

with this:

  boost::geometry::expand(box, boost::geometry::make_envelope<Box2D>(*it));

eliminated the compiler error.

Re: 'combine' : is not a member of 'boost::geometry'

Hi Vishnu,

On 22-3-2011 20:22, Vishnu wrote:
> I'm getting a compiler error in MS VS2008.
>
> error C2039: 'combine' : is not a member of 'boost::geometry'
> error C3861: 'combine': identifier not found

As you found out, it is renamed to expand. This was discussed on the
mailing list.

> On a related note, the documentation pointed to by this link:
>
> http://geometrylibrary.geodan.nl/
>
> is more than a year old. Where is the latest online documentation?

It is here:

<http://geometrylibrary.geodan.nl/qbk/libs/geometry/doc/html/index.html>

Barend Gehrels
http://about.me/barendgehrels