difference algorithm produces invalid polygon?

difference algorithm produces invalid polygon? – Hi, I'm stuck with the following situation. It seems to me that the (asymmetric) difference algorithm produces invalid output from valid input:...
Hi Volker, Nice sample. It took me a while but I can reproduce your findings. On 14-2-2012 17:49, Volker Schöch wrote: > > Hi, &g...
Hello again, here is another example of (asymmetric) difference producing output that is invalid as input to itself: A1: MULTIPOLYGON(((1031 1...
Hi Volker, Thanks for all your reports! On 21-2-2012 15:38, Volker Schöch wrote: > Hello again, > here is another example of (asym...
Hi Barend, > Thanks for all your reports! Here we go again... It may be the same root problem as with my last report, but the polygons ar...
Hi Volker, On 22-2-2012 12:27, Volker Schöch wrote: > > Here we go again... It may be the same root problem as with my last report, but...
Hi Barend, I've been pondering your reply quite a bit, but I'm not satisfied. We are talking about this polygon: > > B1: MULTIPOLYGON((...
Hi Volker, On 28-2-2012 10:31, Volker Schöch wrote: > Hi Barend, > I've been pondering your reply quite a bit, but I'm not satisfied. W...
Hi Barend, Thank you very much for your detailed reply. I'm still in the process of digesting it, but here is a preliminary answer: > The i...
Hi Volker, On 29-2-2012 15:04, Volker Schöch wrote: >> Can you send a (WKT) sample of such a polygon? I think I understand but don't...
Hi again, Are there any news in this issue? Thank you! Volker -- Volker Schöch | vschoech@... Senior Software Engineer think-cell So...
Hi Volker, On 17-7-2012 10:20, Volker Schöch wrote: > Hi again, > Are there any news in this issue? On this issue (polygon containin...
Hi Volker, > >> Can you send a (WKT) sample of such a polygon? I think I understand but don't see how the x-constraint fit into thi...
Good Morning, > > Strictly speaking, this means that your algorithms are not closed (domain of definition of f is not a superset of the i...
From: Volker Schöch > > Strictly speaking, this means that your algorithms are not closed (domain of definition of f is not a superset of...
Hi Volker, In addition to this: On 28-2-2012 19:31, Barend Gehrels wrote: >> - Why would a polygon of only two distinct points be i...
Volker Schöch wrote: >I can see two approaches to fix the library: Either allow this kind of polygons as input for all algorithms; or enhanc...
Hi Luke, > I talked to Barend and he didn't object to my suggesting to you that you look the Boost.Polygon library. Polygon is integer coor...
Barend, > I will have a closer look coming weeks - hope to solve this for 1.50. Thanks again. Any suggestions how I can trivially fix the...
Barend, Thank you very much, I'm impressed with your patience. Next time, please don't hesitate to ask for details before spending time on...
Hi Volker, On 15-2-2012 10:10, Volker Schöch wrote: > > Barend, > > Thank you very much, I'm impressed with your patience. >...