[release] Content of doc folder

Boost Geometry mailing list
Hi,

I'm testing the Boost 1.64.0 Beta 1 and I noticed the
source package includes doxygen generated files
in /doxy/doxygen_output folder:

- html_by_doxygen
- xml

Is that intentional?

I don't know who generates the docs for release,
presumably Boost release managers, but
shouldn't make_qbk.py clean the intermediate files?

Does release process call make_qbk.py at all?

Which Python version is required to run make_qbk.py?
It looks to me Python 2 is needed.

Does the docs making process require any specific version of Doxygen?
Interestingly, Doxygen 1.8.13 on Windows crashes when generating Geometry docs.

Best regards,

Re: [release] Content of doc folder

Mateusz Loskot Via Geometry wrote:
Hi,

I'm testing the Boost 1.64.0 Beta 1 and I noticed the
source package includes doxygen generated files
in /doxy/doxygen_output folder:

- html_by_doxygen
- xml

Is that intentional?

Probably not.

I don't know who generates the docs for release,
presumably Boost release managers, but
shouldn't make_qbk.py clean the intermediate files?

If we agreed to add the cleanup step it should be possible to conditionally disable it for testing purposes.

Does release process call make_qbk.py at all?

Which Python version is required to run make_qbk.py?
It looks to me Python 2 is needed.

Does the docs making process require any specific version of Doxygen?
Interestingly, Doxygen 1.8.13 on Windows crashes when generating Geometry docs.

FYI 1.8.3.1 works for me.

On 23 March 2017 at 23:09, Adam Wulkiewicz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mateusz Loskot Via Geometry wrote:
>>
>> I'm testing the Boost 1.64.0 Beta 1 and I noticed the
>> source package includes doxygen generated files
>> in /doxy/doxygen_output folder:
>>
>> - html_by_doxygen
>> - xml
>>
>> Is that intentional?
>
> Probably not.

I'd like to be certain, before I take action with release manager(s).

>> I don't know who generates the docs for release,
>> presumably Boost release managers, but
>> shouldn't make_qbk.py clean the intermediate files?
>
> If we agreed to add the cleanup step it should be possible to conditionally
> disable it for testing purposes.

Yes, no problem to add parameter to make_qbk,py

I will ask Rene how the docs make into release package.

Best regards,