runtime configurable point dimension

Andrew Hundt
I’m probably opening a can of worms here, but how practical/impractical is it to have points with runtime configurable dimension?

For a specific example, what if one wanted to use an Eigen::VectorXd as the point type?

Since I believe lots of stuff is implemented with template substitution on the point dimension I realize this may simply be unrealistic wrt the existing design. Nonetheless, the optimist in me hopes that perhaps a few key instantiations/overrides could make the library happy to handle this use case for if not the general use case, perhaps for specific point types.

Of course the 2d only algorithms won’t work in n-d so I’m only concerned with those provided by boost.geometry that don’t change at >2d.

Thanks!

Cheers!
Andrew Hundt