Quantcast

tiling in 2D

Vishnu
Is there a way to create 2D tiles and associate geometries with the tiles so that one can determine what's in a given subset of tiles? I came across an old post from June 2010 with a snippet of code showing how to use the R-tree but that post also said that the R-tree implementation would be changed.

http://boost-geometry.203548.n3.nabble.com/rtree-documentation-td916296.html

Is the new space partitioning scheme intended to do this? I'd prefer to use an interface that will be part of the next boost-geometry release rather than the extensions.

Re: tiling in 2D

Barend
Hi Vishnu,

On 15-4-2011 16:10, Vishnu wrote:

> Is there a way to create 2D tiles and associate geometries with the tiles so
> that one can determine what's in a given subset of tiles? I came across an
> old post from June 2010 with a snippet of code showing how to use the R-tree
> but that post also said that the R-tree implementation would be changed.
>
> http://boost-geometry.203548.n3.nabble.com/rtree-documentation-td916296.html
>
> Is the new space partitioning scheme intended to do this? I'd prefer to use
> an interface that will be part of the next boost-geometry release rather
> than the extensions.

Yes, the spatial index is currently under construction, Adam is working
on it. And no, it is still in an extension (or actually another branch
in the sandbox now), and is not yet in next release.