touches compile error

Should bg::touches() work for Boxes at this point or is it intentionally
not implemented yet? I've got a compile error in VS2012.

For two boxes of the same type

bg::touches(qbox, qbox);

it wants to pass a Box to ring_return_type<>

d:\lib\boost_geometry\boost\geometry\core\ring_type.hpp(163): error
C2039: 'type' : is not a member of
'boost::geometry::core_dispatch::ring_return_type<GeometryTag,Geometry>'
   with
   [
     GeometryTag=boost::geometry::box_tag,
     Geometry=const B
]

and there is no MPL_ASSERT telling that this is not implemented yet.

Re: touches compile error

Barend
Hi Adam,

On 26-11-2012 12:49, Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Should bg::touches() work for Boxes at this point or is it
> intentionally not implemented yet? I've got a compile error in VS2012.
>
> For two boxes of the same type
>
> bg::touches(qbox, qbox);
>
> it wants to pass a Box to ring_return_type<>
>
> d:\lib\boost_geometry\boost\geometry\core\ring_type.hpp(163): error
> C2039: 'type' : is not a member of
> 'boost::geometry::core_dispatch::ring_return_type<GeometryTag,Geometry>'
>   with
>   [
>     GeometryTag=boost::geometry::box_tag,
>     Geometry=const B
> ]
>
> and there is no MPL_ASSERT telling that this is not implemented yet.

Thanks, shall be looked at.

Re: touches compile error

Frank
Hi,

are there plans to make bg::touches() work for Boxes? I'm getting compile errors and can not find corresponding tests in test/algorithms/touches.cpp for Box types - so I guess it is not implemented yet?

Thank you and best regards,
Frank

Re: touches compile error

Frank wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there plans to make bg::touches() work for Boxes? I'm getting compile
> errors and can not find corresponding tests in test/algorithms/touches.cpp
> for Box types - so I guess it is not implemented yet?

It isn't implemented. Of course we plan to support all geometries.
Please create a ticket with the feature request:
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/newticket

Re: touches compile error

Frank
Hi,